This measure urges our state Congressional delegation to propose a federal Constitutional amendment clarifying:
- Constitutional rights belong only to individuals, not corporations;
- Spending money is not free speech under the First Amendment;
- Governments are empowered to regulate political contributions and expenditures to prevent undue influence; and
- Political contributions and expenditures must be promptly disclosed to the public.
CLICK HERE for full text of the initiative.
(Saturday, August 8, 1:00pm - 3:00pm, Westlake Park) All hands on deck! This will be the largest gathering of WAmend-friendly support we will have this year. Easy signature gathering for anyone who hasn't got started! Would you join us? Please RSVP and get the word out!
(Saturday, August 8, 6:00pm - 8:00pm, Hec Edmundson Pavilion) This the second Bernie event of the day! This time packing Alaska Airlines Arena at UW. Please arrive early. Doors open at 6pm and the program begins at 7. Come grab an insane amount of signatures with us! Please RSVP and get the word out!
Though WAmend is a strictly non-partisan organization, Bernie Sanders has been a champion for getting big money out of politics and these meetings are fertile ground for finding support.
Please sign and help in gathering signatures to put this on the ballot. This is a very critical month for the campaign. The weather is nice, there are some major signature gathering events and volunteering to gather signatures is a great way to join in “direct democracy”.
- Want more information about our coalition? firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions about getting involved? email@example.com
- Comments or problems with our website? firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check our signature gathering progress.
- Learn about the initiative process.
- Businesses for Democracy have petitions available during work hours. Find where you can sign.
As long as the oligarchs run government all the other problems we want fixed won’t be.