We need your help to put Initiative 735 on the November 2016 ballot. Please request petitions and help phone bank and get family, friends and others to sign I-735. We need 320,000 signatures of Washington voters by the end of the year to qualify I-735 for the ballot.
The measure urges our state Congressional delegation and all members of Congress to propose a federal Constitutional amendment clarifying:
- Constitutional rights belong only to individuals, not corporations;
- Spending money is not free speech under the First Amendment;
- Governments are empowered to regulate political contributions and expenditures to prevent undue influence; and
- Political contributions and expenditures must be promptly disclosed to the public.
[ CLICK HERE for full text of the initiative ]
The most important and effective part of
this campaign is claiming a spot in your neighborhood to cover just 2-3 hours a week!
If just 200 people collected signatures in their own communities for 2-3 hours / week we'd have no trouble getting this on the ballot.
Will you help us do this? Will you try a do-it-at-home phone bank to help spread the word?
We'll help you find the perfect place in your community! And if you want to partner up we can help you with that too:
Please sign and help in gathering signatures to put this on the ballot. This is a very critical month for the campaign. The weather is nice, there are some major signature gathering events and volunteering to gather signatures is a great way to join in “direct democracy”.
Click the request a petition button and get sent a petition to get family, friends and others to sign. You can contact a team leader in your neighborhood and let them know you want to help, find out where to get a petition, or where to sign. Attend one of the meetings or help at one of the events.
- Want more information about our coalition? email@example.com
- Want to try a do-it-at-home phone bank to help get more signature gatherers going in your neighborhood?
- Questions about getting involved? firstname.lastname@example.org
- Comments or problems with our website? email@example.com
- Check our signature gathering progress.
- Learn about the initiative process.
- Businesses for Democracy have petitions available during work hours. Find where you can sign.
As long as the oligarchs run government all the other problems we want fixed won’t be.