This measure would urge our state Congressional delegation to propose a federal Constitutional amendment that clarifies:
- Constitutional rights belong only to individuals, not corporations;
- Spending money is not free speech under the First Amendment;
- Governments are empowered to regulate political contributions and expenditures to prevent undue influence; and
- Political contributions and expenditures must be promptly disclosed to the public.
CLICK HERE for full text of the initiative.
Please sign and help in gathering signatures to put this on the ballot. This is a very critical month for the campaign. The weather is nice, there are some major signature gathering events and volunteering to gather signatures is a great way to join in “direct democracy”.
- Want more information about our coalition? email@example.com
- Questions about getting involved? firstname.lastname@example.org
- Comments or problems with our website? email@example.com
- Check our signature gathering progress.
- Learn about the initiative process.
- Businesses for Democracy have petitions available during work hours. Find where you can sign.
As long as the oligarchs run government all the other problems we want fixed won’t be.