Initiative 735 needs your help!
We need your help to put Initiative 735 on the November 2016 ballot. You can help by requesting petitions and get family, friends and others to sign. We need 320,000 signatures of Washington voters by the end of the year to qualify I-735 for the November 2016 ballot.
The measure urges our state Congressional delegation and all members of Congress to propose a federal Constitutional amendment clarifying:
- Constitutional rights belong only to individuals, not corporations;
- Spending money is not free speech under the First Amendment;
- Governments are empowered to regulate political contributions and expenditures to prevent undue influence; and
- Political contributions and expenditures must be promptly disclosed to the public.
[ CLICK HERE for full text of the initiative]
WAmend volunteers have now collected over 217,740 signatures and signature gatherers working for Fix Democracy First for I-735 have collected an additional 12,249 signatures for a total of 230,039 signatures. A minimum of 246,372 valid signatures is needed to qualify an initiative. The Washington Secretary of State recommends we file enough additional signatures to cover a 20% invalid rate caused by duplicate signatures and people not registered to vote. That is why our goal is to collect 320,000 signatures, which would cover a 20% invalid rate. The deadline for us to file is 5 PM Dec. 31st in Olympia. We can meet this goal if everyone keeps working through the end of the year. We will keep this website updated with the most current number of signatures we have, so keep checking back.
We need your help! Join us by getting others to sign the I-735 petition in your neighborhood!
We will mail petitions to you for your family, friends, neighbors and others to sign!
We can help you find good places in your community to get signatures!
And if you want to partner up we can help you with that also:
Click the two links below to contact area captains and see locations and events where we are getting signatures.
[STATEWIDE] [KING COUNTY]
- Want more information about our coalition?
- Call 206-547-9961 or
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions about getting involved? email@example.com
- Contact a team leader in your neighborhood
- Check our signature gathering progress.
- Learn about the initiative process.
- Want to try a do-it-at-home phone bank to help get more signature gatherers going in your neighborhood?
- Businesses for Democracy have petitions available during work hours. Find where you can sign.
- Comments or problems with our website? firstname.lastname@example.org
As long as the oligarchs run government all the other problems we want fixed won’t be.